In 2013, this fifth-generation craft distillery in Holland was mired in stagnant year-over-year growth in the U.S. market with their line of artisinal genevers (Dutch gin), as the mixology movement here was in full throttle. From our vantage point, we saw an authentic spirits brand with real potential tied up by an importer focused on other matters.
If the importer issue were resolved, Boomsma and its vast portfolio would achieve significant growth, given (1) its lackluster base, (2) increasing demand among the trade and consumers for re-discovering old spirits and (3) Boomsma’s extensive portfolio reaching far beyond its premium genevers.
Key results stemming from Craft Catalyst’s efforts:
- Transitioned business to new importer: The Winebow Group.
- Supported importer in securing distribution with 20 new partners while stewarding compliance, packaging refinements and inventory management throughout the transition.
- Re-launched the Boomsma brand in NYC at The Dead Rabbit, nationally acclaimed account honored with Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Award for Best American Cocktail Bar in 2014.
- Almost tripled annual run-rate (in volume) over trailing 12-month period.
- Launched first new Boomsma item in the US in ten years in Fall 2015.