After a year in market in Greater Atlanta, sales were stagnant due to insufficient distributor support and limited marketing dollars/funding. Kill Cliff CEO hired Craft Catalyst to provide beverage business expertise and leadership in formulating and executing go-forward plan.
With a high quality product and sticky brand, the company was poised to grab leadership position in Recovery Drink category but needed us to (1) present the investment opportunity to prospects, (2) sell the product to strategic accounts and (3) activate the brand effectively and cost efficiently as the distribution footprint grew.
Key results over approximately 24 months
- $6MM in private equity funding
- National distribution via GNC & Vitamin Shoppe – 6,000+ outlets
- Regional distribution through A-B InBev wholesaler network
- Social media following through the roof
- Development and launch of new beverage flavors and first line extension – protein bar
- 12-month run-rate to eclipse 100,000 cases